This is the moment a spark flies from a box of lit fireworks into a pile of unlit pyrotechnics and causes a huge explosion which left eight people injured.
The incident took place yesterday evening in the colony of San Luis Tlaxialtemalco, in the municipality of Xochimilco, in Mexico City, Mexican capital and three minors were among those injured.
In the video, an unnamed man can be seen holding a cardboard box of lit fireworks (known as a ‘torito or ‘little bull’ in English) over his head.
One of the sparks from the lit fireworks shoots out towards and wall and local media report it fell into a pile of unlit fireworks, causing the explosion seen in the video.
Staff from the Secretary of Citizen Security in Mexico City attended the scene along with firefighters as the victims awaited paramedics.
Footage taken in the aftermath shows the victims lying on the ground as officials and onlookers try to help them.
According to the Secretary of Integral Management of Risks and Civil Protection, all of those injured were taken to hospital in order to be attended for burns injuries.
There are no updates on the condition of the victims.
In Mexico, the production of fireworks is done following the Federal Law of Weapons Of Fire and Explosives, which establishes between one months to two years in prison for those producing fireworks without the correct safety regulations.
It is unclear if the authorities are investigating the case.
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.