3 Kids Die In House Blaze While Parents Out Shopping - ViralTab

3 Kids Die In House Blaze While Parents Out Shopping

Story ByAna LacasaSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyNewsflash

Three siblings aged between two and seven have died in a house fire when their parents went out to buy food during the COVID-19 lockdown.

The house fire took place in the area of Paraje de Oriente in the city of Ciudad Juarez in the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua while the unnamed parents were out shopping.

When the couple arrived home to find their property ablaze, they told firefighters on the scene that their three young children were trapped inside and the parents suffered burns trying to get to them, according to local media.

Newsflash

A neighbour called Luis told reporters: “It was sad seeing the dad trying to get the children out while everyone else (neighbours) were trying to help too.

“However, it was not possible, everything happened so fast, and the fire prevented us from doing any more.”

According to reports, firefighters recovered the bodies after they extinguished the blaze.

The unnamed victims were just seven, three and two years old.

Newsflash

It is believed the children died of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the official autopsy results have not been revealed yet.

The police said the fire probably broke out from a possible gas leak or an electrical fault, but the investigation is still ongoing.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Ana Lacasa

I am a senior writer and journalist and editor of the Spanish desk for the Central European News agency.