A two-year-old girl has died in a tragic accident when she tripped and fell on a six inch knife which ended up impaled her in the stomach.
Nur Qhaisara Medina Supian slipped on a plate which had been left on the kitchen floor by her brother which had a knife on it, and she then fell on to the 15-centimetre (six-inch) blade.
The horrific accident happened at her home in the village of Kampung Teluk Pial Baroh in the Kuala Kurau area of the north-western Malaysian state of Perak.
Pictures Credit: AsiaWire
Hana Mazlan, 27, the child’s mother, heard her daughter’s screams and ran to her. Nur’s grandmother saw the knife in her stomach and pulled it out.
The tot lost consciousness and her family took her to a nearby health clinic from where she was transferred to Parit Buntar Hospital in the nearby city of Parit Buntar.
But it was too late and doctors declared the two-year-old dead shortly after her arrival.
Her grief-stricken mum said the accident happened after Nur asked her for her bedtime milk but she had to tell her to wait as she was putting her four-month-old baby to bed.
Nur had run through to the kitchen to ask her grandmother for milk instead but stepped on the plate, slipped and landed on the knife.
Ms Mazlan added: “The knife was used by her brother to peel mangoes. I didn’t notice that it was there.”
Police are investigating the incident and Nur’s body has been sent to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in the state capital city of Ipoh for a postmortem.