2 Teens Hanged From Tree In Parents Worst Nightmare

Story ByLee BullenSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyAsia Wire Report

Picture Credit: AsiaWire

These two teenage girls have been found hanged from a tree after they failed to return home from an outing to the countryside.

The incident took place in the village of Kataiya Ghaghar in the district of Chitrakoot located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh after their families reported the girls as missing and a subsequent search operation found them dead hanging from the tree in a field.

The two girls have been identified as 19-year-old Shiv Devi and 17-year-old Savita. Following a preliminary investigation, the cases are reportedly being treated as suicide.

The two teens went to visit the countryside and failed to come home later that day. Concerned relatives then called the local authorities, and search teams were sent to the area to find the missing youngsters.

Police spokesman Manoj Kumkar Jha told local media: “People found the girls’ bodies hanging from a tree on the village outskirts.

“Villagers told us that both girls had left the house with a rope around noon, and by the evening their bodies were found.”

As seen in the disturbing photo, the teenagers were both found hanging from the same tree. 

Reports said that the two friends were emotionally attached to each other and upset that Shiv Devi’s family members had arranged her upcoming marriage.

The bodies have been sent to a nearby morgue to undergo an autopsy. A police spokesman told reporters: “Further action will depend on the postmortem report.”

It was also confirmed that an investigation is underway to establish the exact cause of death.

A similar incident took place in 2014 when two sisters were discovered hanging from a tree in the district of Badaun in the same Indian state.

It was initially believed that the sisters had been raped and then hanged and the breaking story shocked the country.

However, after failing to gather sufficient evidence, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) concluded that the pair had committed suicide.