A huge blaze in a hotel has caused chaos in central Madrid.
Flames engulfed the rooftop of Hotel Gran Via in the Spanish capital, causing the main shopping district to be shut down.
The fire began at 8:15am, with the cause still to be determined.
According to local authorities, no one was injured. Firefighters said there was no risk of the fire spreading to the rest of the building and inhabitants of nearby buildings were not evacuated.
Plumes of smoke could be seen high in the sky.
Traffic was brought to a halt in the surrounding area and streets to ensure firefighters and police officers could access the scene.
Firefighters from six teams continued to fight the fire throughout the day.
A firefighter’s bodycam captured the devastation on video as he walked inside the building while the blaze was being brought under control.
The clip shows smouldering ruins and his colleagues still damping down the smoking building.
One firefighter was treated for minor heatstroke but was able to continue working later.
The building designed by architect Rafael de La Hoz was built between 2009 and 2013 and is one of the most modern on Madrid's Gran Via, also known as the Spanish Broadway.